NIH (not invented here) is a syndrome from which I suffer. Luckily, I'm pretty good about not suffering from it when somebody else is paying me to do something in a timely manner. But if I'm working on my own personal project, you can bet I will be inventing a universe before releasing something.
Anyway, I wrote my own because:
- It's fun (seriously)
- I've done it before in PHP and C# (seriously)
- I didn't really like the other ones available (disclaimer: I didn't actually look at any of the other ones available)
Clearly, it was a good decision.
- Assertions (ooh!)
- Assertions on the DOM using jQuery (i.e. Sizzle) selectors
- Stack traces!
- Displays fancy diffs for string comparisons!
- Uses itself to test itself!
- Gradients! Drop shadows! CSS3! Web 2.0!
- Exclamation points!
Here's a gratuitous screenshot:
Read more/try a demo at the main site.